An Information Session to Support Parents in the Community that are Awaiting Eating Disorder Treatment for their Child.
Originally scheduled for: Monday, March 15th from 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Monday March 22nd from 6:00 – 8:00 pm
$50 per family
If cost is a concern please contact Lionheart Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org
Danelle and Lindsay have been helping families overcome eating disorders with a combined experience of 20 years.
The livestream seminar will provide parents awaiting treatment with a neurological understanding of eating disorders and provide practical strategies to support their child through the early phases of recovery.
You will be able to submit specific questions in advance so they can be addressed in the seminar.
- What is an Eating Disorder?
- Why is this happening to my child and our family?
- Why helping your child build their emotional competency is essential for recovery, and how you can become their “emotion coach”
- Understand the importance of brain integration in the treatment process
- Improve your listening skills and learn what to do (and/or not do) when your child is opening up
- How to gently guide and redirect behaviours that are unhealthy
- Learn language and scripts that are helpful when talking to your child
- Behaviours to watch out for, what to flag and what is age-appropriate development
- Strategies to interrupt symptoms and manage nutrition intake
- Tips for meal planning, grocery shopping, prepping, cooking and plating
- When a dietitian is required and what that support could/should look like
- School – when and how to access resources for support
- How to effectively use your family physician/pediatrician and what medical components are necessary
- Medications; understanding when this could be helpful
- When Exercise may need to be treated with the same care as food intake
- A discussion around body checking and body image concerns
- How to support one another as co-parents and how to model self-care and healthy relationships