Technology use can negatively impact the developing brain in many ways. This 1-hour presentation will help parents understand the child & adolescent brain and what you can do to successfully raise your kids in our tech-filled world. Each presentation is concluded with a 30 min Q & A period.
“Recent brain imaging studies conclusively show that excessive screen exposure can neurologically damage a young person’s developing brain”
– Dr. Nicholas Kardaras, author of “Glow Kids”
- Brain Basics: Understand what is occurring in your child’s brain and the factors that influence healthy development
- The Darkside of Technology: Focus, memory and learning issues; anxiety and depression; sleep impairment and general well–being; loss of empathy; all impacted by too much screen time.
- The Upside of Staring Out a Window: Why boredom, downtime and unplugging is essential for the brain.
- Stimulation Overload: How to effectively navigate social media, texting and video games.
- Build Your Child’s Self-control Muscles: Learn how to help your child develop positive willpower patterns and self-discipline.
- You’re the Parent: Set healthy boundaries and reduce conflict when it comes to managing and limiting your child’s technology use.
Each presentation will provide hands-on tools, scripts, and strategies to help you feel empowered when navigating the complicated world of technology and children.
The presentation can be customized to fit parents of elementary aged children, tweens or teens.
$500 / presentation within Calgary city limits.